I am a part of the Men's Christian Fellowship. When do I have to cook?
Every Men’s Christian fellowship cooking pair is scheduled to cook once a year. To see when your team is scheduled to cook see the cooking list.
By what time should the food be ready for Men's Breakfast?
Breakfast should be prepared and ready to be served at 8:00am. Allow yourself time to arrange the tables and chairs and to have breakfast ready at 8:00 a.m. Cooking teams need to plan accordingly!
I am scheduled to cook for Men's Breakfast and Bible Study. What do I do if I'm not available to cook on my team's assigned day?
Please call an alternate to fill in for you if you or your partner is unable to cook on your
I have to use the kitchen to cook for Men's Breakfast. It looks nothing like my kitchen at home! Is there an instruction manual!??
Review the kitchen usage guidelines prior to your cooking assignment. These guidelines are posted on the wall of the kitchen and will be posted online shortly.
I have to cook for Men's Breakfast. Do I have to bring knives, forks, plates, etc.?
The Kitchen Ministry has offered to provide sternos, utensils, and flatware. However. cooking teams need to check the kitchen to be sure there are enough paper goods and flatware for at least 40 people.
I am preparing to cook for Men's Breakfast and have heard or experienced the men's passion for grits. Where do I find a recipe for grits that the men will like?
If you have to ask for a recipe you are strongly encouraged to forgo any intent of cooking gritz. The many ways of cooking gritz seem only surpassed by the many ways of eating them. You are encouraged to consult the Men’s Christian Fellowship leadership for their wisdom and guidance in this matter. Should that fail, consider an alternative with which you are more comfortable, such as instant oatmeal or cold cereal.
My team is cooking for Men's Breakfast. How do we get into the kitchen?
Check the Men’s Christian Fellowship mailbox for the key to the kitchen.
I don't see a place for the submitter to enter an e-mail address. Should there be one in the event we need to clarify a question?
Currently we do not require anonymous submitters of a question to include their contact information. If you are logged into the site as a member, your username will be included as the "submitter". Please try to be as clear as possible when submitting questions.
Do you still run the Science Club for Girls in the church? If so, how can I contact the club leader?
We still have Science Club for Girls at GFCC! We did not have a session this spring, as we are restructuring to incorporate a larger group for the Fall. The club leader can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Is there childcare available for 2.9yrs old that is geared towards teaching them about the word of the Lord?
We offer Junior Church which meets on Sundays at 10:00 and is targetted towards chilfren 9 and under. Contact the Church's central office here: http://www.gfccnet.org/module-Pages-display-pageid-7.html .
Is the church open today, wed Feb 2nd for Bible study etc.?
Although "the doors of the church are always open" contact the church office or check our web site if you have any questions about weather-related closures or scheduled events.
When I write a check do I have to write the ministry name in the Memo section?
- A check without an annotation in the Memo line will go to the general operations.
- If you would like to give directly to a Ministry, i.e. Kitchen, Board of Youth, a special campaign, etc. The only way the counter knows where to direct your funds is for you to indicate it in the Memo line.
- If you are giving cash, you should indicate it on your envelope.
What is Operating Income?
- GFCC Operating Income is defined as the amount of money needed to pay all our expenses.
- Examples of GFCC expenses are: Payroll, Administration & Operation, Utilities, Professional Services and Building Maintenance Repair.
How do we get operating income?
The money we receive in tithes and offering and other income, such as fundraising campaigns, church rental and parking MINUS transfers to Mortgage, Deacons and M&O.
How is our stock portfolio managed?
Our philosophy has been to hold on to the stock, since it was a gift. In the future, should we receive any more donated stock our plan is to work with our broker to receive better guidance and to better manage our stocks.
How does the church manage bounced checks?
The Church Clerk sends a letter requesting the amount of the check and the return fee amount charged by the bank.
Are our financial records audited?
Yes, a “review’ is performed annually by a CPA firm, and every 5th year a full audit is performed in preparation to refinance the mortgage.
How do we take care of the sanctuary?
- A cleaning company cleans the sanctuary as well as the rest of the building 4 times a week.
- The sanctuary is our physical and spiritual home; therefore the responsibility to care for it belongs to us all. Please clean up after yourselves; if you see paper on the floor, pick it up. If there’s water on the bathroom sink, wipe it up with a paper towel. If you see something that’s broken or needs repair tell a Trustee or the Church Administrator.
- Members of the Board of Trustees also go through the sanctuary making repairs and picking up rubbish.
- The Pastor’s Aide Ministry takes care of the plants.
Explain the utility costs.
- We try to negotiate the best rates possible with the utility companies, i.e. electric, gas, telephone, water and sewer.
- We have negotiated better rates with the electric and gas companies. The Church Administrator has recently negotiated new rates with the telephone company resulting in a credit. Although it’s not a utility, the Church Administrator is negotiating new rates with our security firm.
I know that we rent the building to other churches for their worship services. Do we rent out the building for other occasions?
Yes, we have rented to other organizations, but availability must work around the church calendar and Pastor must approve.
What is our arrangement with the snow plowing company?
At 1” of accumulation the parking lot is plowed and the sidewalks and steps are sanded. They will come back as often as necessary to clear the parking lot.
When will we put in an elevator? When do we move upstairs?
An elevator and renovations to the 2nd floor are part of the Strategic Plan's Phase 2 effort. See the Strategic Planning Initiative's Home Page for more information.
What is the church’s “green plan”?
a. There is no set “green plan” in place, but we are beginning to incorporate green practices throughout the church.
- VBS theme is “Go Green with Jesus”
- We just received recycle bins from the Town of Framingham. The Town of Framingham will be delivering additional containers.
b. The size of the bulletin has been reduced.
c. Overall the church is looking into better greening practices.
Where can parishioners park when they come to the church during the day?
- Parking spaces 2 & 3.
- Contact Church Administrator for other spaces.
Are there any plans to increase technology use?
We are working to become more technology savvy. This is an area where we can use your help. There are opportunities for us to become more efficient.